Smart Space Tutoring – Terms of Service
Welcome to Smart Space Tutoring! We’re committed to providing high-quality educational services for students. By enrolling in our program, you agree to these terms and conditions.
Student(s) refers to the person, persons, parent and/or guardian who engage Smart Space Tutoring for education services.
Lessons refer to weekly lessons in one of the following formats:
- Private Lesson – 90 Minutes
- Additional 30-minute add-on period if requested
- Group Lesson – 2-hours
Term refers to a 10-week enrolment period.
- Students must enrol for at least one term of lessons.
- Lessons cannot be transferred to another term or student.
- All lessons are face-to-face unless otherwise stated.
- Lesson times and teacher availability may change each term.
Payment & Bookings
- Students must pay for the full term prior to the start of lessons.
- Enrolments may be suspended or terminated if fees are not paid.
- We do not issue refunds or credits for missed classes or any other circumstances except at our discretion.
Cancellation & Rescheduling
- If a lesson must be postponed or changed due to an event, (e.g. teacher absence, public holiday etc.) we will notify you of the new date and time.
- Rescheduled lessons may involve changes in teacher, lesson time/date, lesson duration, curriculum content.
- Private lesson students must provide 24-hour written notice to reschedule a lesson.
- While Smart Space Tutoring will act in good faith, we reserve the right to refuse service of rescheduled lessons for any reason.
Termination refers to the complete withdrawal from enrolment prior to the completion of the Term(s) for any reason.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate enrolments for any reason.
- If you need to withdraw from the program before completing the term, you must make a written request by email or text message.
- We do not issue refunds or credits for early termination except under compassionate grounds at our discretion.
Homework Help is a face-to-face, complimentary service offered weekly to enrolled students, subject to tutor and classroom availability.
- Homework Help is only offered for the subject(s) in which the student is enrolled.
- Homework Help should not be treated as an ordinary class and students should come prepared with questions and work to complete.
- Homework Help sessions must be booked at least four days in advance.
- Cancellations must be made with 24-hour written notice.
- We reserve the right to suspend, deny, or withdraw Homework Help.
Intellectual Property & Publication
- We retain the Intellectual Property rights to all educational materials created.
- Students cannot copy, print, upload, sell, give away, or disclose any of this material.
- We retain the right to publish student material created within the Smart Space curriculum.
- We do not accept liability for personal injury, property damage, or loss sustained by the student as a result of their participation in our services.
- Students are responsible for any costs incurred by their negligence which resulted in damage to our property.
- We do not take responsibility for the student’s safety once they have left our premises.
- We do not hold any liability for the student’s academic performance.
- Disrespectful or disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in removal from class, suspension, or enrolment cancellation.
- We collect information for the purpose of registering students and for administrative purposes. We may also contact relevant people in the event of an emergency or for purposes related to Smart Space Tutoring.
- We do not disclose information to any other party except as required by law in compliance with The Privacy Act.
Please note that these Terms of Service are subject to change.
Thank you for choosing Smart Space Tutoring!